Foundation Board Members
BOARD MEMBER | E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike "Fox" Fox is an executive specializing in marketing with experience at Google, Verizon and Apple. Mike graduated Leadership San Jose in 2006 and served on the San Jose Leadership Council board of directors from 2009-2013. His two children attended science camp at Walden West and Mike likes to hike, camp and play pickleball.
BOARD MEMBER | E-MAIL: email@example.com
Jennifer “Dragonfly” Campbell is an audit partner at KPMG LLP, a global network of professional firms around the world providing audit, tax and advisory services. Jennifer's three daughters have attended Walden West for almost 10 years from science camp to summer camps and counselors. When Jennifer isn't crunching numbers, she enjoys entertaining in her backyard, visiting wineries and traveling.
BOARD MEMBER | E-MAIL: Marie_Bacher@sccoe.org
Marie “Pineapple” Bacher is Director of Environmental Education at Walden West. Her last assignment was Educator-on-Loan to the Alameda County Office of Education in Hayward for Integrated Middle School Science Partnership, which was a $12 million dollar NSF-funded grant working with middle school science teachers all over the Bay Area. In her 22 years as a teacher for Santa Clara Unified School District, Marie has taught 2nd through 8th grade. Marie started her teaching career at Walden West and to this day believes the best way for everyone to learn is through engaging hands-on, minds-on experiences in nature. Marie has two beautiful children, Kate and Rick. When not at Walden West, Marie can be found spending time with her family, surfing, hiking, camping, playing her ukulele, or dancing the hula. She has a Masters of Education in Administration and Supervision from San Jose State University and a Bachelor of Liberal Arts from Humboldt State University.
Dr. Jessica Bonduris
Dr. Jessica Bonduris
BOARD MEMBER | E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jessica "Willow" Bonduris serves as Assistant-Superintendent of Educational Services for Santa Clara County Office of Education. Dr. Bonduris has 22 years of experience in public education as a teacher, principal, Director of Principals with San Francisco Unified, and Senior Director of Personnel Services with San Leandro Unified. She earned a B.A. in Sociology and English from the University of Wisconsin, a Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction from Saint Mary’s and a Doctorate of Educational Leadership from Mills College.
BOARD MEMBER | E-MAIL: email@example.com
Linda “Fish” Caplinger grew up in a family that loved to camp and has been involved with girl scouts, teaching both K-12 and community college engineering students, and has a background in science.
Linda attended the University of California, Irvine majoring in Anthropology and Economics. She has worked as a laboratory archaeologist on numerous archaeological digs in Southern California and also in UCI’s radiocarbon laboratory. She currently works at NVIDIA as head of global integrated search marketing.
She loves the outdoors, and you can find Linda and her husband camping, kayaking, hiking, foraging for mushrooms and native plants, or tending to their flock of hens. Her two step children attended Walden West Camp and it remains as one of their fondest memories.
Potential Walden West Foundation board members are invited to serve on the board because of their talents, knowledge of the community and their commitment to generating financial and other resources in support of the Walden West environmental education program, which is a part of the Santa Clara County Office of Education.
- Learn about Walden West and become ambassadors for its programs
- Develop and implement a strategic plan and review and approve the foundation’s fiscal management and budget
- Participate in fundraising for the organization in one or more of the following ways:
- Contribute to special campaigns (e.g.,a capital campaign)
- Assist in identifying individuals, businesses and foundations which could be contacted about Walden West
- Assist in contacting and soliciting donations from those individuals, businesses and foundations
- Work in partnership with the Walden West Director to determine the needs of Walden West programs and to help carry out foundation goals
- Attend all board meetings
- Review materials sent before the board meeting and participate in all discussions
- Evaluate the performance of the board on an annual basis and take action to correct problems
- Follow the guiding principles of the Walden West Foundation by-laws
- Hold office for the duration of the initial term