Potential Walden West Foundation board members are invited to serve on the board because of their talents, knowledge of the community and their commitment to generating financial and other resources in support of the Walden West environmental education program, which is a part of the Santa Clara County Office of Education.
- Learn about Walden West and become ambassadors for its programs
- Develop and implement a strategic plan and review and approve the foundation’s fiscal management and budget
- Participate in fundraising for the organization in one or more of the following ways:
- Contribute to special campaigns (e.g.,a capital campaign)
- Assist in identifying individuals, businesses and foundations which could be contacted about Walden West
- Assist in contacting and soliciting donations from those individuals, businesses and foundations
- Work in partnership with the Walden West Director to determine the needs of Walden West programs and to help carry out foundation goals
- Attend all board meetings
- Review materials sent before the board meeting and participate in all discussions
- Evaluate the performance of the board on an annual basis and take action to correct problems
- Follow the guiding principles of the Walden West Foundation by-laws
- Hold office for the duration of the initial term
|Current Board Members:|
|Vice President:||Yuval Schwartz|
|Treasurer:||Christin Roberts Veargason
Christin Roberts Veargason
TREASURER | E-MAIL: email@example.com
Christin Roberts is Treasurer of the Walden West Foundation. She is a CPA (inactive) and former board member of the California Society of CPAs. Christin works for Sage Intacct as a Professional Services Practice Manager. She and her husband, John Veargason, have two daughters who attended Walden West Outdoor Science School and Summer Camps.
|Board members:||Marie Bacher
BOARD MEMBER | E-MAIL: Lisa_Ketchum@sccoe.org
Lisa Ketchum is the Manager of Workforce Services at the Santa Clara County Office of Education. She is a dedicated and enthusiastic educator who works at developing creative partnerships with local colleges, non-profits and corporations to design programs that promote learning, problem solving and critical thinking for youth. Her great joy is connecting and motivating students to ignite their spark.
Lisa completed her Bachelor’s degree in Business with a concentration in Management and her Master's degree in Educational Leadership. She holds a California Designated Subjects Teaching Credential and Administrative Services Credential. She enjoys serving students in the community and in addition to the Walden West Foundation serves on Seniors Council Foster Grandparent and East Side Union High School District Career Technical Education Advisory Boards.
BOARD MEMBER | E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arati enjoys creating measurable, positive and enduring outcomes for learners of all ages. She has harnessed technology to create innovative learning programs for employees at Apple, Facebook, Google and Uber, worldwide. While Director of the Learning Innovation Hub at Silicon Valley Education Foundation, Arati built strategy and toolsets to empower over 30 school districts in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties. The result has been growth in technology pathways for the future of education and the alignment of goals and measurements that ensure accountability. Arati is a Trustee of the Saratoga Union School District Board since 2010, and was Board President for 2 years. Arati has a Masters in Education, Media and Technology from Boston University and Bachelors, Early Childhood Education from India.